none
Custom Workflow & Custom WebParts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I deployed a custom workflow and custom webparts. Now we want to limit the data entry at a certain stage. Only one group (portfolio manager) should be able to edit the projects after data entry. How is it possible to limit the data entry based on MS Project Groups?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Norbert

Monday, October 4, 2010 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Norbert123,

It would help to understand what data entry you are trying to restrict.  You could use the project categories and explicitly move your projects in and out of the categories based on your workflow stages to control who can access them.  So in your case you would include the projects in a category that was associated with the Portfolio Managers group - and then use another category that was associated with a group that included the other stakeholders - and use this category to as the control as to when those additional stakeholders could or could not access the project.

Does this make sense for your scenario?

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 7:41 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Norbert123,

It would help to understand what data entry you are trying to restrict.  You could use the project categories and explicitly move your projects in and out of the categories based on your workflow stages to control who can access them.  So in your case you would include the projects in a category that was associated with the Portfolio Managers group - and then use another category that was associated with a group that included the other stakeholders - and use this category to as the control as to when those additional stakeholders could or could not access the project.

Does this make sense for your scenario?

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 7:41 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brian,

sorry for my late response. This makes sense for me. How can I move a project to a specific project category?

Is there a way to it it programmatically in the workflow?

Thanks

Regards Norbert

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:23 PM