Ignoring "most recent backup ... not successful" warnings" RRS feed

• Question

• Am I correct that if I tell it to ignore those warnings "The most recent backup for computername was not successful" I'll still get the a warning if the computer is not backed up in 5 days?

I'm not really worried about a single backup failing for whatever reason.  But I don't want to go months with a machine failing all the time w/o me realizing there was a problem.  Know what I mean?
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:00 PM

All replies

• You can ignore that single warning. If, however, the computer fails to back up again tomorrow night, you will be warned again. And if you exceed the built-in warning thresholds you will be warned regardless or whether you've ignored individual warnings.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, November 23, 2009 12:48 AM
  • Ok.  I'm trying the reg editing you wrote about in this thread:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/a4ffeb24-d7e1-4ab5-b21b-699c46bdc527

I'll see if that gets me anywhere.

Monday, November 23, 2009 6:02 AM
  • All that will do is change the threshold for when you'll be warned that a computer hasn't been backed up for # days. If a computer starts a backup but it fails for some reason, you'll still see a daily warning. Note: In my opinion this warning is appropriate; a computer that tries and fails to complete a backup for several days has a problem which should be addressed.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, November 23, 2009 1:57 PM