Entity Not display in Navigation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created an entity and also marked its area to show in Sales. It shows properly in the System but when I export and import into another CRM as managed solution it does not show into the new system. I have not added SiteMap in my CRM solution. 

Can anyone please help me.

Thanks,

Mahek Shah

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you don't export the client extension -> sitemap, the newly created entity doesn't come up in the target organizations.

You have to specify the "Area of Display" setting once again in the customization area of the target organization.

best regards

steve

Steve Sämmang, Vienna, Austria
    Blog: xrm.io Website: simplic.at

• Edited by saemmang Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:46 AM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:45 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks for reply. 

Before this also I have created entity and marked "Area of Display" and do not add Site Map into solution then export to other CRM and it works well. I just want to make sure and trying to avoid SiteMap because if I do it will over right my customization.

Let me know your thoughts on same.

Thanks,

Mahek Shah

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:11 AM
  • The following link gives you a short overview about how the system merges solutions, i.e. site maps:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309329.aspx

best regards

steve

• Marked as answer by Mahek Shah Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:58 PM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:30 AM
  • Thanks Steve. 

Just last question.

What should I add in Site Map? Means only my entity information or should I add all information which I got when adding Site Map ?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Mahek Shah

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:48 PM
  • Just configure the site map in your development environment, so it'll represent your solution. You can achieve this through customizing an exported unmanaged solution or with help of the site map editor.

Everything you added in this site map and is not part of the productive organization will be added to that environment.

hope this helps

steve

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Ok, Thanks.

Thanks,

Mahek Shah

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:58 PM