Someone please help. My computer is "invalid", and I can't find the reason why. RRS feed

• Question

• Earlier today, I got a big, annoying popup saying that Microsoft will no longer do anything for me, since I hadn't taken the validity test I knew nothing about. So, I took the stupid test, it said that the computer didn't have genuine stuff on it, and its locked up. I have a totally black screen, except for the validity test and the forum that its automatically loading up. The rest of my family is getting really impatient, since we've been having a lot of computer problems lately, and this is a computer best buy gave us for free since the other one we bought had 13 faulty parts. We are next to throwing away this $1500 that has hurt more than helped. Is there anything I can do? I have not installed anything new for the past 3 days. And its only complaining to me just now, and I can't access the computer outside of this forum, so i cannot do anything.

Monday, February 19, 2007 8:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Please run the tool that pops up when you click here: (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012)

Once you run it, you'll can click "Continue" and then "Copy".  After you click "Copy" please paste the results here.  That will help me know what the problem is .  Without that information I don't have enough to go on to be of use.

Thank you!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:08 AM

All replies