108 Invalid VLK OGA Version: Registered RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to validate my version of Office that has been validated for over 8 months. I purchased a volume liscence as we have several computers and thought we legally had to have a key for each computer using Office.  The code that is now showing up on all three comptuers is:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0

Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: ***I have removed****
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {A4927708-8FCE-41C5-B54E-F76518FFF09A}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 108 Invalid VLK
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 - 108 Invalid VLK
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{A4927708-8FCE-41C5-B54E-F76518FFF09A}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3799633463-3988331093-1104386653</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Vostro 200</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>1.0.13</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20080321000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>A38237F70184C06B</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell Vostro VOSTRO_200</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>108</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>108</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>47ADAE240756586</Val><Hash>FCRV4dxieoer9JIr2drnK+3UqXU=</Hash><Pid>89409-707-9184274-65203</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="44" Version="12" Result="108"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 1D88B:Dell Inc|1D88B:Microsoft Corporation
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Please let me know what I can do to resolve this matter. I have uninstalled, rebooted 4 times, reinstalled, patted my head and rubbed my tummy!

Thank you so much for your time!

Monday, October 12, 2009 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hello jlenard,

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report:

OGA Data-->

Your computer has a Volume Licensing installation of Office Professional Plus 2007 which was done with an Invalid Volume Licensing Key (VLK).  An Invalid VLK is a product key that was made by a pirating program known as a Key Generator, or keyge for short.  This Invalid VLK was never a good product key issued by Microsoft.

You mentioned that you have a volume license--hopefully this would be a current and valid Volume Licensing Agreement (VLA) in the form of an actual paper document, or an account online at the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center website https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/ to cover your Office Professional Plus 2007.  Note that the VLA is essential; just having a product key printed on a sticker, or hand written somewhere, does not allow the use of that VLK.

Assuming you have a valid VLA, let's follow these steps:
    1.  Download and run the Magical Jellybean Keyfinder (a safe program that has been around for years) to extract the VLK from this installation of Office Professional Plus 2007.
    2.  Compare this reported VLK with the VLK issued to your organization on the VLA.  If your organizattion has a valid VLA, they should be different.
    3.  Change the nongenuine VLK in the installed Office to the valid VLK on your VLA by following the instructions in this MS KB article:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/895456
    4.  After installation has completed, activate Office normally.
    5.  Restart the computer twice, then visit www.microsoft.com/genuine to clear the OGA Notifier cache and ensure that your organization's VLK validates properly.

Repeat this procedure on the rest of your computers showing as having nongenuine Office.

Post back to let us know how it worked out! :-)

PS:  You wrote, "I have...patted my head and rubbed my tummy!"  That only works if you do them at the same time in opposite directions ;-)

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, October 12, 2009 1:39 PM

All replies

• Hello jlenard,

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report:

OGA Data-->

Your computer has a Volume Licensing installation of Office Professional Plus 2007 which was done with an Invalid Volume Licensing Key (VLK).  An Invalid VLK is a product key that was made by a pirating program known as a Key Generator, or keyge for short.  This Invalid VLK was never a good product key issued by Microsoft.

You mentioned that you have a volume license--hopefully this would be a current and valid Volume Licensing Agreement (VLA) in the form of an actual paper document, or an account online at the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center website https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/ to cover your Office Professional Plus 2007.  Note that the VLA is essential; just having a product key printed on a sticker, or hand written somewhere, does not allow the use of that VLK.

Assuming you have a valid VLA, let's follow these steps:
    1.  Download and run the Magical Jellybean Keyfinder (a safe program that has been around for years) to extract the VLK from this installation of Office Professional Plus 2007.
    2.  Compare this reported VLK with the VLK issued to your organization on the VLA.  If your organizattion has a valid VLA, they should be different.
    3.  Change the nongenuine VLK in the installed Office to the valid VLK on your VLA by following the instructions in this MS KB article:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/895456
    4.  After installation has completed, activate Office normally.
    5.  Restart the computer twice, then visit www.microsoft.com/genuine to clear the OGA Notifier cache and ensure that your organization's VLK validates properly.

Repeat this procedure on the rest of your computers showing as having nongenuine Office.

Post back to let us know how it worked out! :-)

PS:  You wrote, "I have...patted my head and rubbed my tummy!"  That only works if you do them at the same time in opposite directions ;-)

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, October 12, 2009 1:39 PM
  • I have tried to figure out if I have a valid  volume license and I can only assume that since I am unable to get anywhere on the licensing site, that I do not. I did have individual XP Office licensing keys on the computers prior to upgrading to Office2007. What is the next step?  Short of paying for another "legit" copy of 2007 is my only other option to go back to XP Office which I am certian that I have valid keys for?

Thank you so much for your time in this matter.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 7:05 PM
  • Hello jlenard,

Based on what you posted in your reply, and based on the info that you have three computers, it's pretty unlikely that you have a genuine Volume Licensing Agreement with Microsoft, mostly because the economics of the situation put the break-even point for buying Volume Licenses vs. regular retail or OEM licenses at about a 5-to-7 copy count purchase level.  It probably wouldn't have been cheaper to get the Volume License vs just buying off the shelf.

Let's turn our attention to what you purchased.  Did you buy what you thought was one or more retail packages of Office Professional 2007 from a local or online retailer or internet auction site?  If so, they sold you counterfeited software.  You should contact the seller/retailer and notify them of this fact, and work with them to replace the bogus software with Genuine, or to get your money back.  It's a sad fact that a huge percentage of Office software (along with many others) sold on internet auction sites is counterfeit.  Or was your purchase made thru a computer technician or computer services company who both sold and installed the software?  If so, and if this person or company promised to sell you genuine Volume Licensing software, they did not deliver as promised so you might consider legal action.

If you inadvertently purchased counterfeit copies of Office, and if you cannot get satisfaction from the seller, Microsoft has a program that provides either discounted replacements or, if you qualify, a complimentary copy.  Please see the FAQ for the Office Genuine Offer at this link:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC
    Monday, October 12, 2009 7:24 PM