How do I uninstall the MS Genuine icon etc RRS feed

• Question

• I have Genuine software - MS Office 2007 Home & Student edition. I bought it from Office Works and overpaid for it! I have the original packaging, receipts, a valid product key and have been using it for a few months now and today I received a message saying it's not genuine - My ***removed allusive language hints*** it's not! So I played along, went to the website, downloaded some file that supposedly MS recommends and suddenly this stupid thing I installed is stuck on the bottom right hand menu bar and I cant remove it. My software is Genuine and valid. I have tried to remove it for two hours and had no luck.

For ***Removed profainity*** sake, its annoying. I love my MAC's - I have three various machines, NEVER have problems like this and wish I had no need of a PC or MS software at all. I hate MS becuase of their interferring ***removed allusive letters*** and never ending problems and bandaid solutions.

Does any one know how to remove the MS Genuine icon and unistall it. Please help.
    • Moved by JeniferA Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:58 PM Office validation issue
    • Edited by Stephen Holm Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:43 PM Your post has been edited because of foul language.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:01 AM

Answers

• Geoffcrem,

Your posting has been "Reported As Abuse". We do not tolerate the abusive language in the Office Genuine Advantage Forums. We provide customer service globally for all age groups. The use of such language may offend customers. FYI the messaging you are receiving in the lower right hand corner is an indication your Office is a non-genuine copy.  Visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine and http://www.howtotell.com .

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:44 PM
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:41 PM