CRM 4.0 SAL Licenses RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Anyone knows how SAL licenses work in Microsoft CRM 4? I have a SPLA license to install the product, but how can i manage SAL Licenses during installation? Do i have to install 1 license for each user of CRM? Where?

Eduardo

Monday, January 10, 2011 9:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Eduardo,

You can stop your customer from adding users via security roles. If they do require more users though, you should charge them accordingly for the extra users and report the usage to your SPLA reseller.

Neil.

Neil - My CRM Blog
    Monday, January 10, 2011 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Eduardo,

You don't need to install anything for a license. You simply report to your SPLA reseller on how many user licenses were used in the previous month. I'd suggest contacting your reseller if you are still unsure.

Neil.

Neil - My CRM Blog
    Monday, January 10, 2011 11:11 AM
  • Hello Neil,

Thanks for your quick response.

Ok, i called microsoft and they explained me that there's nothing to configure about SAL licenses on the server (like you told me). We are now in doubt because if we install a Proffesional license (without limitations of number of users), how can i ensure that it's not possible to have more users than SAL licenses?

Eduardo.

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:29 PM
  • Hi Eduardo,

You can stop your customer from adding users via security roles. If they do require more users though, you should charge them accordingly for the extra users and report the usage to your SPLA reseller.

Neil.

Neil - My CRM Blog
    Monday, January 10, 2011 4:41 PM