Live OneCare "Not responding" RRS feed

• Question

• I recently noticed that Live OneCare doesn't seem to be working on my XP Professional laptop.  I've purchased a subscription many months ago and it's been working fine until recently. When I try to open the yellow icon I get a "Not repsponding" error.  How can I get this service restarted?

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• I suspect that the problem may have begun when your copy of OneCare upgraded to 2.0, perhaps last week. You could either try uninstalling and reinstalling OneCare, activating with the same LiveID you originally subscribed with, or contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:49 PM
  • Thanks Stephen,

I have been searching my computer for the subscription ID to no avail.  I did find the install log dated March 7, 2007.  I printed it but couldn't find any info that helps me identify for support help.  Since OneCare is not running, I can't go in through that location.  I also tried the billing link but it wouldn't open.  Any ideas from here?

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 8:53 PM
  • The subscription ID is the LiveID (usually your email address, but you may have created a new one when you subscribed - someone@hotmail.com perhaps) you signed up for OneCare with.

The Billing link may have been down if you tried today at around the time you posted as there were some server issues today - try it again.

If you need to get to support and can't validate, select the option that you are a trial or beta user which will allow you to submit a case via email.

-steve

Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:45 AM