CRM 2011 e-Mail Router Rules Wizard - Can I change the rule RRS feed

• Question

• Using forward mailbox and  using the Rules Deployment Wizard I have pushed the  Outlook rule to the CRM users Exchange mailboxes.

The rule is as follows:

Apply this rule after the message arrives where my name is in the To or CC box forward it to xxxx@xxx.com as an attachment

Can I in anyway change this rule which the Rules Deployment Wizard pushes to the CRM user Exchange mailboxes.

I know I can go into each individual CRM users Exchange mailbox and change the rule but this is a lot of work.

KB articles I have reviewed do not say anything and posts I have read don't say you can change the rule which comes with the Rules Deployment Wizard.

If it can be done how?

many many many thanks

Friday, September 28, 2012 6:52 PM

All replies

• The rules get published to exchange, so you should be able to alter them from the exchange management console.

Kids don't try this at home!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:20 AM
  • What are you going to change the rule to exactly ?

The rule used in the rule deployment wizard is the one that is defined to work seamlessly with Exchange and the Dynamics CRM Email router.

Any divergence from the standard rule will probably not work as the Email router has been designed and tested to accept forwarded mails in one specific way.

Regards Gavin Higgins Windows/CRM infrastructure Consultant

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:25 PM