Custom Code Validation Tool RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the Custom Code Validation Tool to fix issues before moving to CRM 2013. I get various problems incl. ORG_UNIQUE_NAME, ActiveXObject, firstChild, childNodes, text, DataValue, DefaultValue, innerText, etc. I am sure many others have the same issue so is there a good resource somewhere that lists the alternatives for CRM 2013? This would make things much easier and quicker than digging all this up in the SDK documentation.

Also how can I find out the CRM version so different program paths can be taken depending on the version?

Friday, February 7, 2014 10:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    most of the errors you reported are related to the CRM 4.0 endpoints (the CRM 4.0 code was still compatible with CRM 2011).

The suggested way is to replace the functions you are using to retrieve the data to use REST endpoints, or switch to a js library as this one:

http://xrmservicetoolkit.codeplex.com/

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Friday, February 7, 2014 11:51 PM
  • Guido, thanks for the response. I actually started to use xrmservicetoolkit not too long ago. Unfortunately, the Code Validation Tool flags multiple issues in their library. I am using the latest one, i.e. beta version from Oct 2013. Is there another one available that passes the test? Does this library also have alternative functions to all the depreciated ones I mentioned?
    Sunday, February 9, 2014 3:41 AM