Creating a new entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a new custom entity that works like an 'Account' except has a different name. My colleagues want to use CRM to store 'networks' of contacts based on different customer relationships - so the key bit is being able to add a contact to my new entity called networks.

I've successfully setup the entity called networks and I've added a subgrid on the main form. As in the Account entity properties I've added a N:1 relationship (referential) to the Contacts entity as well.

With this in place I was expecting that in the sub form properties under Data Source when I select "Only related records" that contacts would be listed as an entity. I'm surprised to find it isn't.

Is there something I am missing to be able to add contacts to my networks entity, as you would with the Account entity?

Thanks

Steve

Monday, October 15, 2012 9:28 AM

Answers

• If you navigate to the entity "Networks" in your solution and click on 1:N relationships, can you see the relationship to the contact entity?

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

did you also publish all your customizations? You should be able to see the contact entity under the related records of the network entity. Do you see a link to contacts in the left navigation area in the networks form?

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    Visit my blog here.

Monday, October 15, 2012 9:33 AM
  • I've published the customisations - I don't see a link to contacts on the networks form.

Is there any additional relationships I might be missing?

Steve

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:06 AM
  • I should also add that when I go into edit the network entity form and I click 'show dependencies' under required components 'Contact' is listed.

Thanks

Steve

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:10 AM
  • If you navigate to the entity "Networks" in your solution and click on 1:N relationships, can you see the relationship to the contact entity?

Visit my blog here.

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:16 AM
  • Thank you, Pavlos.

I don't know how I forgot to add this - it should have been obvious!

I will keep this link in my browser favourites in case I need to extend the relationships of my custom entity to other entities (and come across technical problems). Hopefully, I can call on your helpful support again if this is the case!

Thanks

Steve

Monday, October 15, 2012 1:21 PM
  • You're welcome Steve. I'll be glad to help.

Visit my blog here.

Monday, October 15, 2012 1:22 PM