Unified service desk for CRM 2013- simulation of the incomming calls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can you please suggest me how to enable the Simulation for Incomming calls using the Unified service desk in CRM 2013 with service pack 1

Rammohan

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:02 AM

All replies

• You need to write a softphone emulator that will mimic the behavior of the phone system you're targeting.  In the USD SDK, there is CTI source code to start from, including a softphone interface.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:49 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your reply..

Is it we have to develope the softphone emulator  for code?

can you provide any samples which has already developed one.. thanks you very much.. am very new to USD..

Rammohan

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:00 AM
  • Everyone is very new to USD, it was just released.  ;)

I have no examples beyond what's in the SDK, myself.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:56 PM
  • Hi wayne,

Thanks for ur reply..

I gone through the msdn blog

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn646887.aspx

it's saying CTI framework adapters availbale for development.. but am not clear.. can you explain bit more clear with this...

Rammohan

Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:12 AM
  • Hi Rammohan,

Please let know, have you able to create a simulator for Incoming calls in USD.

I have the same requirement.

Thank you..

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:21 PM
  • Folks, we have a walk though with a simulator project available in the current documentation for USD .. you can find the link to the walk though here :https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn864977.aspx

Note that we use this to develop and test call event behaviors in USD, though it will work to simulate screen pops for demo's as well.

We also provide the source code for the simulator tool

Mattb.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 5:26 AM
  • Hi Mattb,

Thanks for your reply..

i have implemented the same my application based on the msdn walk through link.

1. instead of email i have used for phone call. screen popup is comming  right hand side contact is not opening by default it it is always  showing  dahsboard only. agent script only changing. i have manually go and select the again customer record.

2. i have to open the phone call activity aslo apart from the contact recordcan you please guide me on this..

-Regards,

Ammiit.

Rammohan

Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:44 PM
  • so, lets start with a baseline.

If you start with the CRM 2013 SP1 with product updates package, then follow the example in the walk though, you will be able to use the simulator to open an contact session based on an email address.

Once you have that working then modify it to lookup based on phone number.

From the walk though you know that's going to get to the entity search as cti.ani ( if you used the default phone number field in the simulator tool )

Assuming your not splitting rules up based on channel type,  you would modify the FetchXML search to search the phone number fields on the contact using [[cti.ani]]

Once you complete that, it should react to your lookup request by phone number, and behave exactly as it did when you do a manual search.

From there, you would then add in the rule to open a new Phone call activity inside the session.

Mattb.

Sunday, January 25, 2015 1:30 AM
  • Hi Mattb,

Am very thanks for you reply.       

If you start with the CRM 2013 SP1 with product updates package, then follow the example in the walk though, you will be able to use the simulator to open an contact session based on an email address. (  I am using the CRM 2013 Service Pack 1)

Once you have that working then modify it to lookup based on phone number.( I have done with Phone number)

From the walk though you know that's going to get to the entity search as cti.ani ( if you used the default phone number field in the simulator tool )

Assuming your not splitting rules up based on channel type,  you would modify the FetchXML search to search the phone number fields on the contact using [[cti.ani]] ( I modify the fields on contact)

Now i have search the contact record via Simulator. Contact record is auto populating.  but i need to populate even Phone call activity another session( then Agent can modify the phone call notes etc..)

Rammohan

Sunday, January 25, 2015 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

Can anyone of you help me in installing the CTI simulator application ? This is discuss on the below link, but I couldn't run it accordingly ?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn864977.aspx

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 6:48 AM
  • What is the issue / error your running into ...

the walk though is pretty self explanatory :) so a bit more info on the challenge you are experience would be great.

Mattb.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:50 AM
  • Thanks Matt for reply...Yes now I am able to Implement it. One More thing that I am following your videos of Convergence to gain better idea of the Microsoft USD but couldn't get much of yours & Ashish kothari's videos on Microsoft USD. Neither found any blog of any of you on Microsoft USD. So one who is learning USD, it become quite challenging task to learn about the scenarios, addition to that there is huge dearth of study resources related to Microsoft USD on Partnersource. So one have to solely rely on MSDN library for all the USD stuff. Please share some links of you or Ashish's videos, Blogs on USD.

Thanks for help !!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, September 27, 2015 8:19 AM
  • We have just started a USD Specific blog here:  USD Team blog
    its a bit sparse now... but will fill in over time as we start to consolidate our writing to it.

the Admin guide for USD is here USD Administrator Guide

The Developer guide is here USD Developer Guide
    it has a number of walk though and examples.

We also have a number of blogs individually running around... though we are going to consolidate them to the USD Team blog to make it a bit easier for folks to find info.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:09 PM
  • Hi Matt, 

I am trying to implement a User Notes hosted control but couldn't. The steps which I have followed are as follows :

1. I have created the User notes hosted control, 

2. Then I have added the Action call, Then I have added both to the configuration. Please help.

Confusion Area : 1. In hosted control, I have chosen Leftpanel, Is it correct or not ?

2. In the Action call, Under Action Field I have chosen Default, Is it correct or not ?

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:00 AM