Windows Live ID lock out RRS feed

• Question

• I was going to add to an old thread but it was locked.  Anyway here is my story...

My Xbox is locked.  I never use Windows Live ID so I have forgotten my password and security question.  The email tied to the account lost_1134@yahoo.com was deleted months ago due to spam and my itunes getting hacked.  I forgot it was linked to my Windows Live ID.  I have posted a thread on their forum and requested account vailidation a number of times.  I was able to talk to a live person at Xbox and they credited me 11 months of Live.  I gave Xbox the same information that I gave Windows Live ID.  Why can't they verify me.  I am going to lose my Gamer Tag and everything with it, including all my DLC.  What am I suppose to do?

• Moved by Jayaram Choudhary Friday, December 16, 2011 11:37 PM Off topic Post (From:Live Connect)
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi, I wish my problem is as easy to resolve as yours is.

Since it has been months, hopefully 3 or more, you will be able to open up another yahoo account with your old email. I think yahoo stops you from opening account for 3 months. So go ahead and open another account with your old email address and same or different password.

I know about this because I had to do it. I don't want the old email and would love to get it changed, however, that seems to be impossible.

I'll waive my fee ... Good Luck!

Friday, December 16, 2011 11:25 PM

All replies

• So no one has an answer?  Do I need to call a lawyer?
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:30 PM
  • Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:24 PM
  • http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=01ae4105-e92e-488f-ab9c-6056cd3e907f&page=1

I did on December 6th.  I have also called the only number I could find for Hotmail, and microsoft customer service.  Both directed me to the website.  It will be cheaper to higher a lawyer than to buy all my DLC again, not to mention all my pre-order bonuses.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Hi, I wish my problem is as easy to resolve as yours is.

Since it has been months, hopefully 3 or more, you will be able to open up another yahoo account with your old email. I think yahoo stops you from opening account for 3 months. So go ahead and open another account with your old email address and same or different password.

I know about this because I had to do it. I don't want the old email and would love to get it changed, however, that seems to be impossible.

I'll waive my fee ... Good Luck!

Friday, December 16, 2011 11:25 PM
  • Thank you so much!!!!  I am trying it now and it looks like it is going to work.  Thank you!!!!!
    Monday, December 19, 2011 10:19 PM