Problem importing Chase CC transactions into Money Plus RRS feed

• Question

• I just started having problems where my Chase CC transactions will not import into Money Plus.  I spent several hours working on a solution.  I also opened a support ticket with Chase and I have not heard from them yet.  They give a 24-48 hours response window.  I the mean time I thing I have found the problem.  Chase appears to not be placing a value in the FITID field of the OFX they format in my download transaction.  I used the MS OFX analyzer to prove this was a problem.  Chase's QIF file also appears to be broken with a "N/A" in the "N" field value.  I have not "proved" this but their QIF file will not import either.  It looks like I might be able to use MT2OFX to fix the Chase OFX file.  My tests show that MT2OFX will take a OFX w/o FITID values and output a new OFX file with generated FITIDs.  NOTE:  the FITID field is used my Money to help check for duplicate transactions.  

Now My questions:

1) Is there a way to tell Money to ignore the FITID field?

2) Is there a better solution than using MT2OFX?

3) Is anyone else seeing this problem with Chase CC services?

Thanks

Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:19 PM

Answers

• I just started having problems where my Chase CC transactions will not import into Money Plus.  I spent several hours working on a solution.  I also opened a support ticket with Chase and I have not heard from them yet.  They give a 24-48 hours response window.  I the mean time I thing I have found the problem.  Chase appears to not be placing a value in the FITID field of the OFX they format in my download transaction.  I used the MS OFX analyzer to prove this was a problem.  Chase's QIF file also appears to be broken with a "N/A" in the "N" field value.  I have not "proved" this but their QIF file will not import either.  It looks like I might be able to use MT2OFX to fix the Chase OFX file.  My tests show that MT2OFX will take a OFX w/o FITID values and output a new OFX file with generated FITIDs.  NOTE:  the FITID field is used my Money to help check for duplicate transactions.  

Now My questions:

Thanks

Today is your lucky day (I hope)

1) Don't know, but I doubt it very much.

2) Yes (see below)

3) Yes, but only if I do the download from the activity page.

So, here is the solution until they fix the problem.  Do the download from the main (summary) credit card page.  Get to the page by clicking on the name of the credit card on the Account summary page.  This will get you to the CC summary page and there will be a list of tasks on the right hand side.  Click on Download Activity and run the download from the page that shows up.  This downloaded file should import into Money.  It does for me.  Good luck

• Marked as answer by JrMorris Monday, November 19, 2012 10:03 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 5:14 PM

All replies

Now My questions:

Thanks

Today is your lucky day (I hope)

1) Don't know, but I doubt it very much.

2) Yes (see below)

3) Yes, but only if I do the download from the activity page.

So, here is the solution until they fix the problem.  Do the download from the main (summary) credit card page.  Get to the page by clicking on the name of the credit card on the Account summary page.  This will get you to the CC summary page and there will be a list of tasks on the right hand side.  Click on Download Activity and run the download from the page that shows up.  This downloaded file should import into Money.  It does for me.  Good luck

• Marked as answer by JrMorris Monday, November 19, 2012 10:03 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 5:14 PM
  • I tried your suggestion and sure enough the downloaded file contains transactions with the FITID field filled in.  I have not actually tried importing into Money yet, but I'm sure this will work.  I usually don't use a date range to download activity, but now I know a work around.  I can also give the tech support person some "proof" that something is broken on their end.

Thanks!!

Monday, November 19, 2012 9:54 PM
  • No need to enter the dates.  As is always the case with Chase, if you dont specify, they put in data from the past 60 days, but since the transactions are ID coded, only the new ones get entered.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:35 AM
  • As of this morning (11/21/2012) it looks like Chase has fixed their problem.  Downloading CC activity works from download statement page.  I confirmed that Chase is now filling in the FITID field!! 

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Thenk you for the information.  And, more important, thanks for alerting them to the problem.  It's good that they actually fixed it within a reasonable time.
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:37 PM
  • I was going crazy trying to find a solution prior to reading this thread.  I had just upgraded to Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate, and I thought that was the issue.

Thanks for posting the details of the issue and the response from Chase!

-Glen

Friday, November 23, 2012 7:30 PM