Issue with CRM forms visualization on small browser window (Internet Explorer issue only) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am currently developing a Dynamics CRM 2016 application which requires the forms to be usable in a resized-window state within the browser. This is due to a Unified Service Desk integration which shows a split view with multiple forms, and USD only supports Internet Explorer (problem does not appear in Chrome).

The issue can be replicated even in the sample solution while used with Internet Explorer.

Take for example a Phone Call activity and resize the window so that it is fairly small in width:

(I can't attach image because my account is not verified so here is the link to imgur-hosted screenshot :| ) http://i.imgur.com/1Nz8wfp.png

When I want to assign a contact to the Phone Call, I click on Call From and then on the search icon. Opening the search dialog generates a strange shift in the page content that makes the page unusable:

http://i.imgur.com/7gWfJWD.png

Unfortunately this makes it impossible for me to comply with my requirements of having two forms side-by-side in Unified Service Desk in a split view, and the problem becomes worse the smaller the window is.

I have not been able to find a work around, even by investigating the CSS source and try to find the source of this styling problem.

Any help is very much appreciated.

• Edited by LucaVice Tuesday, January 3, 2017 2:42 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Luca

Can you use the Split view Horizontal rather Vertical ? It seems it is definitely the styling problem in CRM, but we should also check what is the minimum browser height & width requirement of CRM.

Imposible it self is having Posible.. Dont leave it until you get it..

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:53 AM
  • Hi ANSrikanth,

unfortunately I can't use the horizontal split, because the forms develop more on the height, rather than width. It would look rather odd, and I think a vertical split is much more natural for forms. So far, the behavior is not too problematic if the two forms are split exactly in half, but it still is very annoying.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 2:05 PM