How can I get Account name in Activity view RRS feed

• Question

• My Accounts are all companies. My Contacts are all real persons. Under each Account I have opportunities, projects and cases. Under each of these; different activities. For each Account I can view all the activities connected to this account.

However: The view "My Account" (and similar views) is the only view I can find that lists all of my Activities at once. One extreemely important information is however missing in this view; The Account name. When the Activity list gets long it is a hazzle to find which customer (Account) that a particular activity is connected to.

I can not find any Account field that I can use customizing the view.

How do I get the Account name to appear in this view?

Anyone?

ThingsToDo

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:26 AM

Answers

• Thats true,

Well, there`s nothing much you can do, I believe the easiest way to do it is to create a new relationship between the activity and the account. But your gonna have to write some code if you want to fill it automatically. I know its not such a good approach, but I can`t think in another way to do it.

Good Luck,

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:18 PM

All replies

• The account should be the regardingobjectid of the activity..

put this field ate the view and see what happens...

Good Luck

Fred.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:03 PM
  • The ragardingobjectid is the next level for the Activity i.e if the Activity is generated under an Opporunity then regarding will show the Opportunity not the Account. Given all Activities under each Opportunity, Case, Project, Contacts and several Accounts, the My Activities view should contain the Account name in addition to the regarding field.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:51 PM
  • Thats true,

Well, there`s nothing much you can do, I believe the easiest way to do it is to create a new relationship between the activity and the account. But your gonna have to write some code if you want to fill it automatically. I know its not such a good approach, but I can`t think in another way to do it.

Good Luck,

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:18 PM