During lead conversion, how does one fill in the Opportunity record with the contact from the Lead record? RRS feed

• Question

• Specifically, what I am looking to do is take the contact name from the Lead record and have it converted during the lead conversion process into a customized field called "Sponsor," so that the result is the Sponsor field on the Opportunity record being the Contact Name from the Lead record. Any ideas?
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:44 PM

Answers

• Yes I just figued it out. On the Lead entity I put the FullName field on the form and mapped the relationship to my Sponsor field under the 1:M relationships on Lead. Worked like a charm. I forgot about the FullName field...
    • Marked as answer by Michael Karls Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:09 PM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

One way is, you can rename the label Originating Lead in the Opportunity form under the Administration tab to Sponsor.

The other way is to create a workflow. Suppose you have lookup field to the Contact called Sponsor, create a workflow to check condition if the Originating Lead field contains a value, if yes copy that value and paste it in the Sponsor field.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh
    http://mscrmnovice.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:01 PM
  • Have you tried mapping the fields under Relationships or you could leverage a workflow.

Ensure that your Sponsor field matches the Contact Name field in type and length.  You may need to concatenate the Lead first and last name if the fullname field for the Lead is not available.  That could mean that the Sponsor name field might need to be the combined length of the first and last name.  I haven't tested the process but hopefully this will point you in the right direction.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:01 PM
  • Yes I just figued it out. On the Lead entity I put the FullName field on the form and mapped the relationship to my Sponsor field under the 1:M relationships on Lead. Worked like a charm. I forgot about the FullName field...
    • Marked as answer by Michael Karls Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:09 PM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:09 PM
  • good, glad it is working

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:19 PM