Editing view queries in Dynamics CRM online - can't click on the AND/OR selection arrow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I ran into an issue when trying to edit the properties of a view in Dynamics CRM online deployment.

When editing the filter criteria, I realised that I can't click on the arrow at the left-side of a criteria line in order to select the filter to create AND/OR conditions.

This is being a major show-stopper for me... Any ideas? I thought it could be a browser issue, but I am using IE9 and I had no problems with it before :(

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Howdy there,

I tried to reproduce the issue you're running into, and I wasn't able to. I create a view, set some parameters, and save it. Then, I open it again to edit the view, and I'm able to click on the arrow control on the left of a field.

Can you give us a bit more information regarding the process you are going through so I can reproduce your exact scenario?

Thanks

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:13 PM
  • Hi Shamiq,

I added a N:1 relationship between Products and Business Units. Then I added a lookup on the Products Form for users to be able to sect the Target Business Unit to which the Product belongs to

Then I want to edit all the list views and lookup views of the Products entity so it shows:

• All the Products that DOES NOT have a Target Business Unit defined
    • Only the Products where the Target Business Unit MATCHES THE CURRENT Business Unit

The problem is that when editing the filter criteria, I realised that I can't click on the arrow at the left-side of a criteria line in order to select the filter to create AND/OR conditions.

As a result I can't set-up the filter criteria as per my requirements.

Thanks

P.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:08 AM
  • I'm going to elevate this with my product team as this looks like broken behavior to me. I'll let you know what comes out of this.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:45 PM
  • Found a solution.

Add:
    https://*.dynamics.com
    https://*.live.com
    to your list of trusted sites in IE. The functionality we use to implement the drop down requires that CRM is treated as a trusted site.

Thanks

Friday, August 12, 2011 9:10 PM