Warranty entitlement RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a best practice for managing warranty entitlement in CRM 4.0? I can build a contract type, but cannot use 'none' as a billing frequency. I can discount the contract by 100%, but would rather have a warranty selection so that I can report on conversions vs renewals. Thanks.
    Friday, April 17, 2009 6:54 PM

Answers

• The billing frequency field on the Contract is a picklist.   You could add a value called Warranty or some other value to designate the billing frequency.  You can change the value when you renew the Contract.

You can also build a Contract Template and name it Warranty.  Create your original Contract using the Warranty template and when you renew the Contract once it is out of the warranty period associate the new Contract with a 'standard' template.  This will give you a historical reference for when a Contract moved from warranty to standard. 

There are several ways to accomplish what you want to do.  The above are just a few examples.  You will have a significant amount of data and flexibility for reporting if you follow one of the above methods.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, April 17, 2009 10:45 PM