0xC004C465 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Vista RC1 x64 ultimate, and for the last month has been practically problem free.  Tonight I tried to update my nVidia graphics drivers to the latest version, and while they updated, all of a sudden vista is saying that it needs to be validated, even though i did that right after i installed it.  Now Aero glass doesn't work, and my monitor, which supports 1440x900 @ 75Hz will only go up to 1280x1024 @ 60Hz.  When I try to run validation, I get the error listen in the subject.  I searched for it on this forum and came up empty, and i ran the validation diagnostic and everything passed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-hklvette

edit:  To get to this error, go under control panel -> system -> "get genuine..."  That link brings up an IE window that gives the error listed above

Thursday, November 9, 2006 1:08 AM

Answers

• The PID both hklvette and mnlBoy posted tell me that your systems are still using a default product key.  Please go to your System panel (in the Start menu, right-click on Computer and go to Properties) and click the blue link under Windows activation.  This will prompt you to enter the product key you received with your build.  Once you’ve done that, be sure to press Enter or click “Continue”, but not “Activate Windows online now”.  Let me know if that solves it.  Thanks!

Thursday, November 16, 2006 3:39 AM
  • The number you would have gotten from MS when you called would not be your key.  You would have gotten your key along with your copy of Vista.  Check any e-mails or documents that came with your build.
    Friday, December 8, 2006 11:33 PM

All replies

• does nobody know the answer to this problem?
    Friday, November 10, 2006 7:02 PM
  • Your error message indicates your product key is blocked. Please post your Product ID (found at the bottom of the window reached by going to Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System) and we will check into what might be causing that. Don't post your 5x5 product key; just the PID.

Monday, November 13, 2006 2:40 PM
  • i have the same problem.  my software was activated and there were no problems until i tried downloading something from download.microsoft.com and ran the verification tool.  it reported an error and ever since then, my system has been giving me error messages regarding this.  my PID is 78427-006-8003514-70267.
    Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:52 PM
  • My PID is 78430-006-8003514-70816

Thanks for the help

Thursday, November 16, 2006 3:03 AM
  • The PID both hklvette and mnlBoy posted tell me that your systems are still using a default product key.  Please go to your System panel (in the Start menu, right-click on Computer and go to Properties) and click the blue link under Windows activation.  This will prompt you to enter the product key you received with your build.  Once you’ve done that, be sure to press Enter or click “Continue”, but not “Activate Windows online now”.  Let me know if that solves it.  Thanks!

Thursday, November 16, 2006 3:39 AM
  • It worked!  Thanks a lot!

I clicked 'Change Product Key' and re-entered the same key I used to activate it.  It worked.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:15 PM
  • is there any way I can get my key back if i don't have it any more?  when i called MS to get a key in the first place, I didn't think to write it down when I entered it into my computer.

Wednesday, December 6, 2006 11:04 PM
  • The number you would have gotten from MS when you called would not be your key.  You would have gotten your key along with your copy of Vista.  Check any e-mails or documents that came with your build.
    Friday, December 8, 2006 11:33 PM