none
Bridge transfer help RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

I am working on a sample application to check the call controls features of speech server 2007. Is there any way we can implement bridge transfer using speech workflow. If we can't implement bridge transfer using any activities(using cusomt activites also) what is the alternate for that.

Thanks,
    Agni.
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 1:34 PM

Answers

• It's not easy to see happen using the debugger, but the SupervisedTransfer application does play an unavailability message to the caller if the call is not connected.  The transfer only happens when two conditions are fulfilled: (a) the second channel is connected and (b) the callee tells the application that they accept the call.  Otherwise, the original caller is played the unavailability message.  So here we see that the application is simultaneously managing two channels and interacting with both of them throughout the entire scenario.  Only when the conditions are met, are the two channels connected.  Does this meet your requirements?

Sunday, April 6, 2008 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Agni,

I suggest starting by taking a look at the various sample applications that demonstrate call controls, specifically SupervisedTransfer (this should have the most value for you), BlindTransfer, CallRouter, ConcertsSansFrontieres, CustomOutboundCall, OutboundCalls, and RejectIncomingCalls

Thursday, April 3, 2008 8:15 PM
  • HI Kai Strandskov,

Thanks for your support. I tried above sample applications. From the above applications I found they are using BLINDTRANSER activity in all example(Including Supervised transfer activity also). In supervised transfer the one who intialises has the control over the call,but internally they are doing BLINDTRANSFER .

My requirement is if the called person is not available the session should not terminate it should play some unavailblity message to the caller. The feature i was talking is supported by VXML TRANSFER element by placing "bridge=true" attibute .

Thanks,
    AGNI

Saturday, April 5, 2008 8:08 PM
  • It's not easy to see happen using the debugger, but the SupervisedTransfer application does play an unavailability message to the caller if the call is not connected.  The transfer only happens when two conditions are fulfilled: (a) the second channel is connected and (b) the callee tells the application that they accept the call.  Otherwise, the original caller is played the unavailability message.  So here we see that the application is simultaneously managing two channels and interacting with both of them throughout the entire scenario.  Only when the conditions are met, are the two channels connected.  Does this meet your requirements?

Sunday, April 6, 2008 8:49 PM
  • HI Kai Strandskov,

Thanks for your support. It's fulfilling 50% of my requirement, I will explore more into that and let you know.

Thanks,
    Agni.
    Monday, April 7, 2008 6:41 PM