Where from Microsoft Can i purchase a MS Office 2007 Activation Key RRS feed

• Question

• I went to Microsoft.com Looking for a place to purchase a key for the pre-installed Microsoft office 2007 Home and student edition. It's required for college use. Can someone please tell me where can I purchase a Key for this? I only saw Office 2010 on the Microsoft website and that's not what they want us to use. Please help me purchase a key for the 2007 Office home and Student Edition.
    Monday, November 1, 2010 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hello Kaiyra,

Microsoft no longer sells product keys for Office 2007 directly to consumers, just Office 2010.

If you absolutely, positively cannot use Office 2010 and MUST use Office 2007, then you will have to purchase Office 2007 from a trustworthy third party retailer.  It's unlikely that major electronics, office supply and consumer big box stores (such as WalMart, Staples, Best Buy, etc) would still have stocks of Office 2007 available, so you would need to shop at smaller neighborhood computer stores, or at trusted online retailers.

Here's one example directly from Amazon and NOT the Amazon Marketplace, which is just as bad as eBay for bogus software:  http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Office-Home-Student-2007/dp/B000HCZ8EO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288632373&sr=8-1

If you can use Office 2010, this is a great deal directly from Microsoft for college-level students:  http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx

• Marked as answer by Kaiyra Monday, November 1, 2010 5:47 PM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Kaiyra,

Microsoft no longer sells product keys for Office 2007 directly to consumers, just Office 2010.

If you absolutely, positively cannot use Office 2010 and MUST use Office 2007, then you will have to purchase Office 2007 from a trustworthy third party retailer.  It's unlikely that major electronics, office supply and consumer big box stores (such as WalMart, Staples, Best Buy, etc) would still have stocks of Office 2007 available, so you would need to shop at smaller neighborhood computer stores, or at trusted online retailers.

Here's one example directly from Amazon and NOT the Amazon Marketplace, which is just as bad as eBay for bogus software:  http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Office-Home-Student-2007/dp/B000HCZ8EO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288632373&sr=8-1

If you can use Office 2010, this is a great deal directly from Microsoft for college-level students:  http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx

• Marked as answer by Kaiyra Monday, November 1, 2010 5:47 PM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 5:30 PM
  • Well I don't trust 3rd party downloads. I've had plenty of bad experiences with them. I did talk with my professors and they've agreed to let me get the work done on office 2010 after extensively explaining that Office 2007 is no longer available. provided I just print everything out. Thank you for the support and the response. =)
    ~*~ Kaiyra ~*~
    Monday, November 1, 2010 5:40 PM
  • Well I don't trust 3rd party downloads. I've had plenty of bad experiences with them. I did talk with my professors and they've agreed to let me get the work done on office 2010 after extensively explaining that Office 2007 is no longer available. provided I just print everything out. Thank you for the support and the response. =)
    ~*~ Kaiyra ~*~

You should also explain to your professors that the files from Office 2010 are the same format and can be read by Office 2007 programs, generally without fail.  If you are following instructions for 2007 they should be able to read your 2010 created files without any conversion or loss of any features. 

It would only be a problem if you went outside of the general instructions given and branched out and used a feature that 2007 didn't have but 2010 had.  Then the professor may have an issue in opening your file.
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:17 AM