none
My Microsoft account is bond to a email that no longer work properly.

Question

• Hi,

I do not know if this is the correct forum for the issue, but please advise.

The provider of my email was extinct, and access to the email is not easy.

The question is, if I create a Microsoft new account, how I translate my MSDN profile to the new account, or more important how to mantain reference to my threads ?

They are very important for my recollection.

Thanks

Joao Simplicio Rodrigues

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can continue to use your existing account, and just update the email address configured for alerts. On the "Quick Access" menu on most pages, select "My Settings" and enter the email address you want to use for alerts. This is the only email address used in your account. In fact, my account also does not receive email and I have no problems.

If you want to setup a new account, I believe your activities can be transferred, but I cannot find how to request this at the moment. You could email your request to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Directory Services)

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:12 PM
  • Here is the forum for you. Or this one.

Do not create a new account yet, ask the MS support to help you to change the email address associated with your account. (I've been in your situation and done this already.)

-- pa

• Edited by Pavel A Friday, January 29, 2016 10:16 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2016 10:13 PM
  • This one may help.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4806.how-to-request-your-email-or-live-id-changed-on-an-msdn-or-technet-profile.aspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:13 PM