none
Win Svr 2k8 AD DS Course 6425A vs 6425C RRS feed

• Question

• Id like to enroll to a class in preparation for my 70-640 exam. The nearest training center at my place is offering Course 6425A.

But when I looked at the MS site, they recommend course 6425C. Someone told me that 6425C is for R2. Is this correct?

I found a training class for 6425C but its a 2.5hr drive from my place and is 150$ more expensive. 

Is there really a big difference between 6425A and 6425C?

Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the letter at the end of a course indicates the current stadium of the exam. "A" stands for the first release. That means "C" is the third and recent course with the latest material. So, there's a difference between these two course (most of them come with the release of R2). If you don't mind to travel a little and to spend some more money I would recommend that you take the most recent course.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:31 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

the letter at the end of a course indicates the current stadium of the exam. "A" stands for the first release. That means "C" is the third and recent course with the latest material. So, there's a difference between these two course (most of them come with the release of R2). If you don't mind to travel a little and to spend some more money I would recommend that you take the most recent course.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:31 PM
    Answerer
  • You should do the 6425C course as the 70-640 exam has been updated to include R2 content.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, March 11, 2013 10:52 PM