none
WHS backup failure always at 22% RRS feed

• Question

• This problem occurred two days ago before which both manual and automatic backups worked satisfactorily.  It does not matter whether I am wireless or wired network. The backup failure always occurs at 22% I am operating on Windows 7, using an Acer H430 NAS with 2TB and plenty of spare capacity. The router is a Dlink ID 524 with latest Realtek driver 6.223.525.2009. The message I get on the WHS Console is:
     "An unexpected exception occurred on the computer.
    COMException
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045D)
    at
    System.Runtime.IteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIntern
    al(Int32 errorCode IntRtr errorInfo)"
    I have carried out a CHKDSK procedure but no improvement in problem
    WHS is version: 5.2.379
    Software version: v1.20 (0924.003)

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 9:28 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your reply.  I should have included on my report that I only have one client.  It occurred to me that if one or more of the files on the client have become corrupted, is it possible that this may be the cause of the error and if so is there some error threshold setting that I can re-adjust to solve the problem?

Yes, but chkdsk should take care of that.  Did you run chkdsk /r (and run it as Administrator)?
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:38 AM

All replies

• This problem occurred two days ago before which both manual and automatic backups worked satisfactorily.  It does not matter whether I am wireless or wired network. The backup failure always occurs at 22% I am operating on Windows 7, using an Acer H430 NAS with 2TB and plenty of spare capacity. The router is a Dlink ID 524 with latest Realtek driver 6.223.525.2009. The message I get on the WHS Console is:
     "An unexpected exception occurred on the computer.
    COMException
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045D)
    at
    System.Runtime.IteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIntern
    al(Int32 errorCode IntRtr errorInfo)"
    I have carried out a CHKDSK procedure but no improvement in problem
    WHS is version: 5.2.379
    Software version: v1.20 (0924.003)

Do you have more than 1 client?  If so, are the backups successful on the other clients?
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 2:47 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.  I should have included on my report that I only have one client.  It occurred to me that if one or more of the files on the client have become corrupted, is it possible that this may be the cause of the error and if so is there some error threshold setting that I can re-adjust to solve the problem?

Saturday, January 9, 2010 10:00 PM

Yes, but chkdsk should take care of that.  Did you run chkdsk /r (and run it as Administrator)?
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:38 AM
  • Thank you for that suggestion and pleased to report that all now working fine.

Best Regards,

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:12 AM