Smart Tags grey out when clicked RRS feed

• Question

• Hello folks,
                     We have Smart Tag integration enabled between MOC and Office 2007. We have been  been able to get the tags to reflect presence states (busy, call connected, etc) but when we click on the tag for more options, it appears to break it. Once clicked, the tag greys out and the contact appears  offline. This occurs in every Office application ie. I see the smart tag greying out regardless of whether I am performing the action in Outlook, Excel or Word.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a workaround?

Here are the steps I have tried so far:

1) Installed the Office 2007 hotfix KB  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936864 as well as enable Smart Tags for names and numbers.

2) Made sure that the following registry keys are set to make Communicator the default application for Presence within Office applications.

REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\PersonaMenu\RTCApplication=3

REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu\RTCApplication=3

3) The following registry keys weren't present and were manually added in, unfortunately making no difference:

REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\PersonaMenu\PromoteSmartTags=1

REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu\Enabled=1

REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu\PromoteSmartTags=1

4) Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007 and MOC 2007 and in a separate attempt, upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007.

Thank you in advance

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 11:54 PM

All replies

• Found same here, surprised that there is not more help about this anomaly...
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 11:36 PM
  • looked at two other network machines subject to group policy and both units are NOT greyed out like mine...
    I have had Outlook 2003 co-exist, but it now deleted.
    Compared registry settings, but cannot see any differences that are obvious and worth testing...

Anyone?
    Suggestions?

Monday, August 4, 2008 5:00 AM
  • I have the same issue, tried other installs, uninstalls of Windows Messenger, Live Comm 2005 and 2007, and Live Messenger... all to no avail.

I'm also on Vista 64 bit.  Person Names section in Outlook Options - Other is also disabled.

I've been dealing with this for over two weeks, finding all kinds of threads that aren't applicable, some are:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179030.aspx

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2200822&SiteID=57&pageid=0#2322219

and also tried:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\IM\EnablePresence=1

And I know its a local issue cause others using WinXP on the domain using Live Messenger do not have this issue (works fine).

Why do I sense the word "rebuild" is in my future?

Friday, August 15, 2008 3:00 PM