none
WHS - Domain Name Setup Failed - Unknown error (0x80072f0c) 80072f0c RRS feed

• Question

• I've read a couple of strings indicating that Microsoft is having issues setting up domain names at this time.  Don't know if my issues are related however, let me give you some background:

* I setup an Eval server including remote and it worked fine. 
    * I then decided to purchase a license and reinstalled everything -BUT- I didn't release the name before I started to process from within WHS.
    * When I reloaded everything, the server appeared to be working, however, when I tried to check on remote access (which showed up as connected), the wizard gave me the error shown above.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

LS

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:30 PM

Answers

• See here and here. (Scroll to the bottom on each.)

I'll note that the admin center seems to be up and running again, so hopefully the homeserver.com vanity URL services will be working soon.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:32 PM

All replies

• LS

I believe it to be related but best wait for the server to be fixed.

Phil
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:59 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:26 PM
  • Thanks Philip.

I guess the truly loaded question is... When? 

From the sounds of it, their server(s) has been down for quite some time.  Doesn't seem particularly professional to not address it in a timely manner.

Any guess?  :)

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:31 PM
  • See here and here. (Scroll to the bottom on each.)

I'll note that the admin center seems to be up and running again, so hopefully the homeserver.com vanity URL services will be working soon.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:32 PM
  • I just set up a new licensed installation of WHS.  When I go into Domain Name and Setup and enter my live.com email and password, it immediately fails with "The following error occurred during Domain Name Setup: Unknown error (0x80072f0c) 80072f0c".   Note that I have never established an account on homeserver.com.    When I searched for this error message online, all the posts are recent, so I am hopeful that they have a fix in the works. 
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:17 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:11 PM
  • Suggest you wait until the problem is fixed.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:18 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:17 PM