MS CRM 2011 Reports loggin problem RRS feed

• Question

• I  am installing ms crm on 2 servers (application and database), after installing SRS connector on DB server, all the reports that has filtered views are not retreiving data, and the reports that has fn_FindUserGiud() is not working also the USER ID that runs the report is comupter name of the application server DOMAIN\computername$

it seems that the user that is executing the report is the CRM application server not the logging user.

there are 2 errors

1- MSCRMReporting:

Report render failure. Error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

2-MSCRMTracing:

Invalid Trace Directory. Additional Info:[ Unable to Write file , Trace directory not defined (Reporting Process:File Name is Null. LocalTraceSettings: {Filename:  ,FileCountSuffix:1 ,TraceFileSize:10485760 ,TraceDirectory: ,TracingCallStack:Yes ,IsTracingOff:No ,LoadState:LoadSuccessfulUnreported ,RefreshTraceInt:-1 ,SiteWideRefreshTraceInt:-1 ,RegistryRefreshTraceInt:-1 ,Precedence:Organization} ] , AppDomain:w3wp)

any help?

Mahmoud Samir

Monday, August 13, 2012 12:26 PM

Answers

• After lot of investigations I found out that the CRMReaderRole does not have select grant permission for the views I am using in the report.

I gave this role this permission and it worked.

but I was wondered why it had not this permission !!!

Mahmoud Samir

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:47 AM