Can I map a look up field on an Opportunity to grab information from a account? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way for me to link a field on the Opportunity to a field on an Account based on a lookup on the opportunity?

We have a field on the Opportunity called – Care Provider. This is a look up screen.

We also have a field on the Opportunity called – Care Provider Rate. (This is a text field)

We have the provider rates on the Account. Can we link the Care Provider Rate from the account to the opportunity, when we select a provider from the look up field on the Opportunity?

The want to be able to select the Provider and have the rate change to that provider’s rate on the Opportunity

JC IHC

Monday, July 21, 2014 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can create OOB workflow (sync or async) on opportunity which will be triggered on the change of the provider and update the rate from the selected provider(account).

If you are using CRM 2011 or below and wanted to populate rate as soon as user saves the record then you can create a plugin to populate provider rate. 

HTH!

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"  

• Marked as answer by JC IHC Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:40 PM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create OOB workflow (sync or async) on opportunity which will be triggered on the change of the provider and update the rate from the selected provider(account).

If you are using CRM 2011 or below and wanted to populate rate as soon as user saves the record then you can create a plugin to populate provider rate. 

HTH!

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"  

• Marked as answer by JC IHC Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:40 PM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:44 AM
  • Thanks. I will look into that.

I ended up setting up and using a Quick View to get the information.

JC IHC

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:40 PM