Web Access RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to access my server through the web and I keep getting the "There is a proplem with this websites security certificate", not sure why it is doing this or how to fix it. I am sure it is not supposed to do that everytime when trying to access it from outside of the house.
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:37 PM

All replies

• I am trying to access my server through the web and I keep getting the "There is a proplem with this websites security certificate", not sure why it is doing this or how to fix it. I am sure it is not supposed to do that everytime when trying to access it from outside of the house.

To clarify:  you are outside of your LAN and getting that error message?  If so, what are the component numbers of your server (WHS Console, Settings button, Resources tab)?  Did you build this server yourself or is it pre-built (i.e. HP MSS)?  Are you typing http://xxxxx.homeserver.com for the web address?
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:45 PM
  • Yes I am trying to access it outside of my lan through the http://xxxxxxx.homeserver.com and it brings up the security certificate error message.

I did build this myself, and am not at my house right now to get you those numbers, I will send you that informaiton once I return home.
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:46 PM
  • This is also included in the error message "This organization's certificate has been revoked." Not sure if that helps as to why I can not access the site.
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:57 PM
  • Not sure if the below is what you needed.

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2030.0

Sunday, April 12, 2009 11:41 PM
  • Not sure if the below is what you needed.

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2030.0

Yep, that's the info I was looking for.  Unfortunately, it doesn't explain your problem (I was thinking  perhaps your server isn't up-to-date).  Did you ever setup the your website through the Remote Access tab?  The fact that you're getting the revoked cert message is strange.  You could try running through the website configuration again (by clicking on the Configure button in the Console, Remote Access tab).
    Monday, April 13, 2009 12:38 AM
  • Yeah I have tried the configuration a few times even with different names. The funny thing is I can access it on my Blackberry, but not through my computer browser. I don't see how it says the caertificate has been revoked since it is a MS website, do you think because I built the server I need to some how obtain a certificate that I can load on to the server so in a sense I am verifying my server? I really want to get this fixed since without the web access the server is far less valuable to me. Thanks again for all of your help.
    Monday, April 13, 2009 12:35 PM