none
Playback a local video file in web browser RRS feed

• Question

• I found the MSDN article shown below to be very helpful in working with video files accessible through a URL.  However, I'd like to be able to load and play a file on my local machine (without running a web service).  I've been unsuccessful in modifying the code to load and play a local file.  Any help on getting this accomplished would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Andrew

msdn . microsoft . com/en-us/library/hh924823(v=vs.85).aspx

Monday, June 19, 2017 9:26 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to enter an URL like this: file:///C:\MyFolder\MyVideofile.wmv?

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:46 AM
  • HiAndrewLindsay,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is about the Visual Studio IDE, as your issue is more related to the HTML and JavaScript.

This is out of our support. Please reopen a new thread in Asp.net forum.

If you have some VS IDE questions, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:47 AM
  • Thank you.  My apologies.  I'll post elsewhere.

PS.  Yes, I've tried the file:///C:\localpath... input and it returns an object error.  Thank you.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 12:19 PM