new computer and having problems with Microsoft Word msvcr80.dll missing RRS feed

• Question

• setting up a new gateway computer and each time i attempt to open microsoft word i get an error message telling me

WINWORD.EXE - Unable To Locate Component
    This application failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Reinstalling does not fix the problem, going to add/remove programs and repairing does not either.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 5:47 PM

All replies

• This came up regularly when I ran norton systemworks. It indicates it is missing when apparently it's not and came to light in MS office and Net Framework but the programme still ran.  Copying and pasting it into win system 32 folder worked for me and stopped it from repeating but the explanation here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr80 (eleven boxes down) seems to negate this solution the author  Martyn Lovell MS development team can be emailed and offers to assist with msvcr80.dll problem. Although you're error is not identical he's  worth a try

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 4:22 PM