Validation of my Genuine Windows XP Professional software already installed on my Laptop... RRS feed

• Question

• I have an ACER Laptop, with the original Windows XP Professional Software purchased from a Authorised Retail Store already installed on it. Today while installing a particular website I was asked to install The new Windows 11 Media Player. To go thru the installation process for the same I was questioned to validate My Windows XP Platform . While entering the verification Code by mistake I happened to enter the Bar Code No. Printed on the Sticker that is pasted on my Laptop instead of entering the correct Product Key . I am surprised that the Bar Code No. Given is only of 9 characters whereas the Product Key is of 29 Characters , I should have been alerted to again recheck the Actual No. of the Product Key and re-enter the same . However I have been un-necessarily charged with an allegation That I have a Counterfeit Windows Software installed on my System. And now the screen has gone black with a permanent warning being reflected on the screen. This is ridiculous. It is beyond my comprehension to understand as to how you dont allow a chance to a person to rectify the human error. After all we are not computer professionals . We are prone to making such mistakes. Moreover once the original software has been installed then we don't need to repeat the process again and again. Hence we may forget your technical details at times. Will you please allow me to validate the software with the correct Product Key again. Pleaseguide me as to how should I do it....
    Matter being urgent needs your kind and immediate attention.
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 4:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:08 AM
  • Dear Carey,
    I tried your method . But the process has got blocked at the stage of "COPY" . The Window doesn't allow further access to the next step. 
    Please guide as to should I do next...
    Matter serious and urgent..

INDER 
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:01 AM
  • Dear Carey, 
    I tried your method . But the process has got blocked at the stage of "COPY" . The Window doesn't allow further access to the next step. 
    Please guide as to should I do next...
    Matter serious and urgent..
    I am still waiting for your guidance and help

INDER 
    Monday, February 1, 2010 5:43 AM
  • Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and using Windows XP's System Restore?  Please see:

How to start the System Restore tool by using the safe mode option with the Command prompt in Windows XP

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:00 PM
    Monday, February 1, 2010 6:03 AM