MCPD web Developer 4 on Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I’m planning to  study for certificate MCPD web Developer 4 but,i don't have any knowledge with c# or any other language so my question is does this cert. is applicable for Me "beginner"? and does it include C# traning or i must study it before this cert?

Thanks and best regards

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

all certifications towards MCPD expect that you have a few years of experience already. They do not contain c# basics.

My suggestion is to drop the certification idea by now and get some knowledge regarding software development first. Why do you want to get this certification if you know nothing about the contents so far? It is great that you want to get a job as a software engeener or so (I guess that is the main target), but just get started first - maybe you will find out that software development is nothing you like to do....

If you got your first experience you can think about the certification. (But without some background the certification will be worth nothing - I even doubt that you will be able to get the certification without a good background but maybe I am wrong and it is possible with braindumps and so. But that will give you a sheet of paper that is worth nothing!)

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Derek Smyth Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niall MerriganMVP Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:45 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:32 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

all certifications towards MCPD expect that you have a few years of experience already. They do not contain c# basics.

My suggestion is to drop the certification idea by now and get some knowledge regarding software development first. Why do you want to get this certification if you know nothing about the contents so far? It is great that you want to get a job as a software engeener or so (I guess that is the main target), but just get started first - maybe you will find out that software development is nothing you like to do....

If you got your first experience you can think about the certification. (But without some background the certification will be worth nothing - I even doubt that you will be able to get the certification without a good background but maybe I am wrong and it is possible with braindumps and so. But that will give you a sheet of paper that is worth nothing!)

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Derek Smyth Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niall MerriganMVP Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:45 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:32 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks for your reply, i will delay this idea till i get some Basics of C#, thanks again
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:38 PM
  • You are always welcome. And I hope you also saw all the forums targeting C# or the different .Net technologies?

I am quite sure that they can be a big help if you encounter any problems or if you need to ask something! You are really welcome and you can be sure that there are a lot of very kind and helpfull people in all these forums!

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:50 PM
    Answerer