Where to download v4.0 CTP? RRS feed

Answers

• Click "Sync Framework v4 October 2010 CTP bits" link in the Title field and it will navigate you to the download page.

Scroll down to the end and you will see the download button. I will see whether I can make some adjustment to make it easier to find the download button.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 1, 2010 6:02 PM
  • Just made a change to add a link in the Step 2 to navigate you to the download page. Now you can either click the "Sync Framework v4 October 2010 CTP bits" link in the Title field OR click the inline link "Step 2: Install Sync Framework 4.0 October 2010 CTP" in the description field.

Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause and thanks for the feedback!

• Marked as answer by Nina H Monday, November 1, 2010 7:42 PM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 6:10 PM

All replies

• You have the right link - do you see an option to download a "Download Instructions" page? Once you download and read that, it has instructions on what you need to do. You have to complete a short survey before you can start downloading the 4.0 SDK msi.
    Monday, November 1, 2010 5:08 PM
  • I have done the survey and got redirected to the MS connect site. The page I get looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/bjCCc.jpg

There is no link to download v4.0.

Monday, November 1, 2010 5:20 PM
  • Click "Sync Framework v4 October 2010 CTP bits" link in the Title field and it will navigate you to the download page.

Scroll down to the end and you will see the download button. I will see whether I can make some adjustment to make it easier to find the download button.

Monday, November 1, 2010 6:02 PM
  • Just made a change to add a link in the Step 2 to navigate you to the download page. Now you can either click the "Sync Framework v4 October 2010 CTP bits" link in the Title field OR click the inline link "Step 2: Install Sync Framework 4.0 October 2010 CTP" in the description field.

Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause and thanks for the feedback!

• Marked as answer by Nina H Monday, November 1, 2010 7:42 PM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 6:10 PM
  • The link to download it now appears. Thanks.
    Monday, November 1, 2010 6:32 PM
  • The download is no longer working.  We are receiving this error:

Caught error in File Transfer Process of type 'VaultFSError', error text is:
    Module: CFileTransferIsapi.cpp, Line#: 2200 Context Text: System Error: 2, returned from CFileTransferIsapi::DownloadFileBytes attempting to open file:\\PR1DSARCH\dsArchive\LUN_142\Taranna\AD98DAE2-DEC3-4988-AED0-25224E1F777B, handle = 0x0 Library Text: Src=W32 The system cannot find the file specified.

Is there another url we can try?

Mike
    Friday, December 31, 2010 7:22 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I will look into this error to see what goes wrong and will keep this thread posted if any update.

Sorry for the inconvenience it causes!

Thanks,
    Nina

Friday, December 31, 2010 7:27 PM
  • Hi Nina,

> I also can't find any download link. I here any progress?

Sorry, I found the link on connect.microsoft.com

Thanks,

Alex

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:57 AM
  • Hi Alex and Mike,

The Connect site was having some issues during holiday and the problem has already been fixed. I just verified the link and it's now working. Please refresh you page and try it again. Don't hesitate to contact me if you are still having trouble downloading the bits.

Alex, in case you can't find the link, please following the instruction below:

1) Once you entered the connect site, on the left pane, you should see the [Download] link, click it and you will see a page like this: http://i.imgur.com/bjCCc.jpg

2) Then, click "Sync Framework v4 October 2010 CTP bits" link in the Title field and it will navigate you to the download page. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the download button.

Thanks,
    Nina

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 8:27 AM