Money Sunset - Scheduled Bills don't allow Direct Debit as transaction type? RRS feed

• Question

• Installed Money Deluxe Sunset, as part of my new Windows 7 install and set-up, to replace an older version I'd used for years in Win XP.

Any one noticed that when setting up a scheduled recurring payment in the Bills section, the only payment type is "Write Cheque"?

Where has "Direct Debit" gone?

Besides, who writes a cheque now? And for regular monthly Bills?! Debit cards in the UK no longer guarantee cheques! I'd like the "Direct Debit" option back. 

Anyone know if Microsft intend to fix this bug? News of any sort most welcome.

Cheers

Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:08 PM

Answers

• If you switch to Advanced Bills, Direct Debit is an available transaction type.

If you are in the UK, use Money 2005 UK - QFE2 instead. It is a standalone version of UK Money 2005 14.0.120.1105.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:51 PM

All replies

• If you switch to Advanced Bills, Direct Debit is an available transaction type.

If you are in the UK, use Money 2005 UK - QFE2 instead. It is a standalone version of UK Money 2005 14.0.120.1105.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Hi. Well now I know what I did to get DD back! Thanks.
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 9:10 AM
  • 1). Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am still only getting the 'Write Check' option on Bills with account set to 'Advanced Account Register'.

2). I am in the UK, so does this mean I can download this Money 2005 UK - QFE on to my new Windows 7 computer and transfer my original data from Money  Deluxe OEM edition version 14.0.100.1105 from my old XP system computer?

Hope you can help a newbie.

Many thanks

Ted

Friday, January 20, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Fantastic

Many thanks for your help.

The Advanced Bills option has fixed the payment options in Money Sunset, but even better, I have just downloaded the Money 2005 UK-QFE2, transferred years of transactions to it and it all seems to be running fine.

Just need to get the Share update sorted now.

Once again many thanks for your help Dominic, I only wish I had heard of this sooner as it would have saved me hours of work and worry.

Best regards, and thank you again

Ted

Saturday, January 21, 2012 5:12 PM
  • You should find that online share price updates are working.

These will stop at some time. We do not know when that will be.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:20 PM