Has anyone used Sprint SIP TRUNK yet? RRS feed

All replies

• For carriers like Sprint and Global Crossing that support SIP trunking over TCP and have gone through Microsoft OIP certification process, you can connect your OCS Mediation Server directly to the carrier network using the Microsoft "Direct SIP" model without the need for a PBX or other third-party SIP elements.     If you need to work with a carrier that does not support SIP trunking over TCP, you will need a third-party element in the path such as the solution from Covergence (www.covergence.com).   Please pmail me at jdonovan at covergence.com if you would like more info.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Friday, March 13, 2009 1:26 AM
  • Actually, interop with ITSP is way easier that one could imagine. Back in the days we did not pay attention to the capabilities of the Mediation Server role and were struggling to connect OCS directly to provider which was wrong concept.

I have tested and now preparing mass deployment with Broadvox.com. All futures on OCS R2 are working.

There is, however, way to connect OCS (via Mediation Server) to ANY provider no matter if they talking SIP over TCP or not.

Drago
    Friday, March 13, 2009 12:25 PM
  • Hi Drago - Can you expand on your idea of how you would make OCS R2 Mediation Server work with any ITSP  (even if they don't support SIP TCP) ?   

Thanks,
    Jim

BTW:  Thanks for sharing your post about your BroadVox work - that was definitely a pioneering project that we can all learn something from
    Friday, March 13, 2009 12:33 PM
  • Perhaps this weekend I will write complete instructions and post it on the web.

Drago
    Friday, March 13, 2009 2:57 PM
  • I started a ne tread here : Sip Trunking - the ultimate solution? regarding this.

Drago
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:37 AM