3rd party managed solutions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have implemented a CRM 2013 system for a customer that has a few add on managed solutions e.g. multi entity search, quick view.

The question I have is what is the best way to manage these solution going forward so for example how can the customer ensure they re always on the latest release of the solution. Also I'm assuming that these solutions will have to be tested for any rollup releases however my concern is that the customer is CRM online and therefore will not have the option to test rollup.

Thanks
    A

Monday, August 4, 2014 5:33 PM

All replies

• The managed solutions are from 3rd party providers, right? In that case, once they release an updated solution, if they ever do, proper practice would be to take that update, thoroughly test in an environment that replicates your production, and if satisfied with the results, push to production. You don't really have any control on the update cycle for those solutions, you can only hope that they include only supported customizations, and that there's no conflicts created.

As far as testing against new rollups, this should be the responsibility of both the package/solution owner, as well as yours. usually you get fair warning before Online gets the updates, time in which you should be able to test against the updates, and make a decision.

There could be other considerations, depending on the particular situation.

Enjoy!

• Proposed as answer by Nico-TMVP Monday, August 4, 2014 8:05 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 8:05 PM