none
Enforce my Custom Save-As Dialog for Adobe PDF Reader. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I was asked to develop an application that will enforce a custom Save-As dialog (Instead or atop the normal one) for PDF documents whenever the Save-As button is clicked so does anybody know how this will be achieved?.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Please, mark my reply as Answer if it helps or vote it up if it gives a key to the solution.
    Thanks in advance and good luck.
    Ahmed M. Gamil
    "It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles."
    SP Nuke

Monday, April 8, 2013 12:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you want to limit the types that can be saved use the Filter property.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.controls.savefiledialog.filter(v=vs.95).aspx

• Proposed as answer by Bob Wu-MT Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:06 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Gamil Silvergeek Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:20 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 11:46 PM
  • Hi Steven,

Many thanks for your reply but I think I didn't make my self clear. I need to show a custom Save-As dialog for "Adobe Acrobat Reader" program not defining the filter property for a Save-As dialog in a program that I developed. I mean, if I have an opened PDF file (Using Adobe Reader) and clicked on the Save-As button in the document then my custom dialog will appear. Some DMS programs like "Worldox" does that already and I want to imitate that behavior. I hope I made the idea a little bit clearer now.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Please, mark my reply as Answer if it helps or vote it up if it gives a key to the solution.
    Ahmed M. Gamil
    SP Nuke

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:26 AM
  • Hi Gamil,

According to your description, this is a third party product development issue, please visit Adobe Reader Forums for better support.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:42 AM
  • Thank you Bob for your help and guidance.

Ahmed M. Gamil
    SP Nuke

Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:54 AM