Issue with System.Web.MVC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We have deployed some customizations and while loading, we got the following error:-

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    OS on the server is "
    Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 64x Enterprise" . The same issue is not coming on dev where OS version is "Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 Enterprise".

I have searched the web and could not find any solution so far.

The location for System.Web.MVC is "<DriveName>:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\ISV\CEI\editable_grid\bin".

Could some one let me know what could be the issue?

cheers

AmazonInPune

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:38 PM

Answers

• The issue is sorted. The problme was, one of the folders in IIS was not created as an application. When I installed MVC1.0, a new error came and we started to check ISV folder in IIS, how was the same set up in IIS and came to know that, it was just a folder. The moment we changed to application, the issue sorted.

thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

cheers

Amazon In Pune.

• Marked as answer by AmazonInPune Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:38 PM
    • Edited by AmazonInPune Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:38 PM Issue is closed now
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:37 PM

All replies

• You'll need to install MVC on your server - or you can make sure all the dependant assemblies are in the bin directory. I'd go with the install so the assmeblies are in the GAC.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/267006/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-system-web-mvc

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott

I have seen this blog. I am not able to understand why this is required on a particular server, when the same code is working on Dev. The difference in two environments is related to OS.  Both the servers have framework 4.0 installled.

cheers

AmazonInPune

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:17 PM
  • The MVC 1.0 assemblies are a separate install to the OS. I suspect they have been installed by someone already on your dev box

hth.

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, I could see the System.Web.MVC assesmbly under folder "<DriveName>:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\ISV\CEI\editable_grid\bin" and which is same on both the servers.

This is strange. May be I can try to install again and see what happens.

cheers

Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

There is more than just one assembly - the MVC assembly has dependencies that also must be in the bin folder or the GAC - I would try re-installing for sure.

Scott Durow

Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:44 PM
    Answerer
  • I re-installed the assemblies and now a different error is coming.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:43 PM
  • Are you sure you installed the right version of MVC - the version your original error is requesting is 1.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5388)

Scott Durow

Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, I used the same link.

cheers

Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:04 PM
  • Not only that, In between, I changed the location of System.Web.MVC file , based on inputs from other people but the same didn not worked.

cheers

Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:04 PM
  • Can you post the full stack trace of the exception - and what is entered into the Application Even Logs.

Scott Durow

Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:37 PM
    Answerer
  • The issue is sorted. The problme was, one of the folders in IIS was not created as an application. When I installed MVC1.0, a new error came and we started to check ISV folder in IIS, how was the same set up in IIS and came to know that, it was just a folder. The moment we changed to application, the issue sorted.

thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

cheers

Amazon In Pune.

• Marked as answer by AmazonInPune Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:38 PM
    • Edited by AmazonInPune Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:38 PM Issue is closed now
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:37 PM
  • Thanks for letting us know - glad to help.

Scott Durow

Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:45 PM
    Answerer