My Home Server phone add-on RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I have a problem with the phone app that connects to WHS2011. It will connect to the server back home no problem, I can see all the content on the server etc. When I stream music from the server to my phone, only certain songs will play for a few seconds, skip quickly, play again then just stop all together. I logged into the server from a browser (on my laptop) and was able to play the whole song with out a issue. Now, this is only certain songs. If I go to my  other music, some play just fine as some don't. This is driving me nuts!!!! Anybody run into this or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, it seems to be hard to find the root cause of this issue. Would you please let me confirm whether use Windows Server Solutions Phone Connector to connect to your home server? Please reconnect and monitor the result.

In addition, would you uninstall the Windows Server Solutions Phone Connector and re-install, then check if this issue still persists.

If any update or anything I misunderstand, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Monday, June 2, 2014 3:53 PM
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, it seems to be hard to find the root cause of this issue. Would you please let me confirm whether use Windows Server Solutions Phone Connector to connect to your home server? Please reconnect and monitor the result.

In addition, would you uninstall the Windows Server Solutions Phone Connector and re-install, then check if this issue still persists.

If any update or anything I misunderstand, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Monday, June 2, 2014 3:53 PM
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Justin

I am using that addon. I did un-install it. Reinstalled the addon and I"m still running into the same issue. 

Let me know if you have any other suggestions?

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:40 PM