The type 'System.Data.Services.IUpdatable/IExpandProvider' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced ? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to compile the project and it keeps giving me these 2 errors

Error	6	The type 'System.Data.Services.IExpandProvider' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Data.Services, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.	c:\users\foo\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\WebApplication2\WebApplication2\Xrm.cs	162133	23	WebApplication2 
    Error	7	The type 'System.Data.Services.IUpdatable' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Data.Services, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.	c:\users\foo\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\WebApplication2\WebApplication2\Xrm.cs	162133	23	WebApplication2

What could be the problem?

Help! 

Rana Muhammad Waqas

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try adding "System.Data.Services" as reference to your project. It seems like that assembly has not been referenced. Remove the existing reference and try adding it again, in case you have it already.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:12 AM
  • well, if i try to add it, it gives me around 400 errors 
    I have read that i need to remove the System.Data.Services and add the Microsoft.Data.Services 

i did it and it resolved the many errors but left with those two errors about IUpdatable and IExpandProvider of the System.Data.dll 

Rana Muhammad Waqas

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:18 AM
  • Hi Rana, did you manage to find a solution for this as I am having the same issue?
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 9:35 AM
  • Hello,

I am having the same problem. I am trying to implement a service for MS CRM  but also for Azure Graph. XRM asks for System.Data.Service and Azure Graph needs Miicrosoft.Data.Service

Have you found any solution?

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 6:01 PM