none
Next version of Synctoy? (To fix NAS corruption bug) RRS feed

• Question

• I used to use Synctoy to backup my computer to my nas.  Ever since I found out about the NAS file corruption I stopped using it, because what would be the point.

I have tried a lot of different file sync programs ... trials of paid ... free ones ... but all of the them suck compared to the ease of use and function of synctoy.

I am anxiously waiting for when synctoy is updated to work properly so I can sync my windows 7 system to my nas.

Is there any indication when the new version of synctoy will be out?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi -

We shipped the Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime V2.0 last week - currently we are slated to ship SyncToy 2.1 before the end of the year.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hi -

We shipped the Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime V2.0 last week - currently we are slated to ship SyncToy 2.1 before the end of the year.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:13 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. I look forward to it's release.

Do you know if you guys are going to build in scheduling into the next release?

I am using PureSync in the mean time.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:54 PM
  • Hi -

Sorry - scheduling is not going to be part of the next release. We are planning on shipping high priority bug fixes and moving to the Sync Framework V 2.0.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Monday, October 26, 2009 9:30 PM
  • hi,

due to the timing of the release (before the end of the year) i'd assume it supports win7, but can you confirm that?

the only thing i'm really missing since i've gone win7 is this useful utility (and drivers for my old hp printer, but thats another story.....)

thank you very much!

cassio
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:10 PM