none
SyncToy syncronizing files that were not modified RRS feed

• Question

• I have synctoy installed on my laptop. I have an External Hard Drive (I) and my Server. I have setup on Left Folder (Server\Active\Clients) and External HDD (I:\Active\Clients). When i work on my external hdd for example 2 files. What i would think is running the syncronize from synctoy it should only update my server only for those 2 files from I Drive to Server Drive. and of course update all from server into my external hdd. But instead i see that the issue is that its showing that it will update more than 2 files from my external hdd to my server, which it shouldnt since i ONLY modified 2 files from my external hdd. Can someone please help. Thank you
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:32 PM

All replies

• Did you run a intial sync once?

Some time even you just manually modified these 2 files, that may be some progam will make update to the others too. Such as we recieved a reprort for ipad external HDD, its file properties will be changed even there is no content changes.

Thanks,

Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 9:40 AM
  • Another possibility is a timestamp conflict.  Are the last-modified times on the files off by 1 hour?  I had this happen a lot with version 2.0, and there was a bug where it didn't recognize some universal time/daylight time conflict where the identical times read differently by one hour.  This was fixed in version 2.1.  If you don't have 2.1, you would need to upgrade it.  You would, however, have to bite the bullet and run a complete sync beforehand as preparation for the upgrade, no matter how many files it rewrote. 
    Monday, June 28, 2010 3:54 AM