Error : While importing MS CRM 4.0 database to CRM 2011 getting an errors. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi  All,

While importing 4.0 db to crm 2011 getting an error at the time of system check window. Please help.

1. The indexes on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft Dynamics CRM indexes.
    2. The stored procedures in the database are not consistent with Microsoft Dynamics CRM stored procedures.
    3. Database triggers were detected in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database.
    4. Fragmented indexes were detected in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database.

• Edited by P_Mundra Friday, July 22, 2011 5:55 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:44 AM

All replies

• These messages indicate that extra SQL database objects have been created in the MSCRM database. My thoughts on each of these in turn:

1. Adding extra indexes to the MSCRM database is supported, and I would ignore this message. However, you may have problems if anybody had either deleted or modified any CRM indexes
    2. Having your own stored procedures in the MSCRM database is officially not supported, but won't cause problems, unless you get naming conflicts
    3. This is the big problem. Custom triggers are not supported in the MSCRM database, and might (or might not) break CRM. I'd strongly suggest removing any custom triggers
    4. I've not met this message before, but I can't see any problem with fragmented indexes

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com  http://www.excitation.co.uk
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:35 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Hi David

I am Having the same Problem I get the following messages:

The stored procedures in the database are not consistent with Microsoft Dynamics CRM stored procedures.
    The organisation database selected for import is a different version than the organisation database that is currently deployed.

I continued but the import failed. I tried running a query on the database by right clicking the database and selecting new query and running : select type,* from sys.objects Where type = 'TR' As someone said this would find custom tables which might be causing the errors, however there was nothing found and I still havent been able to import the database.

I have ran new update rollup for CRM 2011 thinking it might help but have had no luck

Do you have any suggestions.

Mahesh

Saturday, July 30, 2011 2:23 PM
  • Hi R_MUNDRA,

If I were you,I will upgrade the CRM4.0 to CRM2011,after done, then export the 4.0 db and import the db to crm2011.

hope this will help you!

Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:21 AM
  • Hi Anonymsean

Do you mean restore the database to crm 4.0 and then update it to crm 2011 using the CD.

Mahesh

Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:06 PM
  • Hi Anonymsean

Do you mean restore the database to crm 4.0 and then update it to crm 2011 using the CD.

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh

That's what I mean.you can try it .

Anonymsean

Monday, August 1, 2011 12:30 AM
  • Hi Anonymsean

I tried installing crm 4.0 onto sbs 2011 however when I tried to install it is said 'CRM 3.0 needs sbs 2003 to install'?

any ideas? i am using a microsoft CD

Mahesh

Monday, August 1, 2011 12:05 PM
  • Hi Anonymsean

I tried installing crm 4.0 onto sbs 2011 however when I tried to install it is said 'CRM 3.0 needs sbs 2003 to install'?

any ideas? i am using a microsoft CD

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh

you said you have tried to  installing crm 4.0,but why it prompts the CRM3.0?

are you sure that you have the correct CD ?

AnonymSean

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:07 AM
  • HI AnonymSean

It is the right cd but i dont think it works on SBS 2011 so i have installed it on sbs 2008 and will try update it on there

Mahesh

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:47 PM
  • Good luck,Mahesh!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:21 AM
  • Hi

I tried restoring the original CRM backup to CRM 4.0 on another server 2008 but i cannot access the crm website after restoring, an error message appears saying 'try again' or 'cancel'. I checked the event viewer and an error is appearing from ASP.net 2.0.50727.0 event:1309 whenever accessing the website, I have checked microsoft and they say there is a fix however it is not on the website or anywhere else.

Mahesh

Friday, August 5, 2011 11:43 AM