HRESULT: 0x80070020 The process cannot be completed because the file is in use by another process RRS feed

• Question

• I encounter this error frequently in Synctoy 2.0 on windows vista 64 bit.  I have made sure all files are closed on the source and destination drives and also clear the list of "recent items" on the windows start menu.  I tried to repair the synctoy 64 bit installation but still got the same result!!

this did not start until a few days ago.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 1:43 PM

Answers

• In my case, Kaspersky AVS was the problem.  Although it was copying the files across the network fine, the result showed as an error in SyncToy 2.1  By making SyncToy an exception program for Kaspersky AVS, the error goes away.  For me at least, problem solved.
    • Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:38 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 11:55 PM

All replies

• Upgrade to SyncToy 2.1 will resolve this problem.
    In v2.1, though these files, which are in used, could not be synced(by design), but eventually SyncToy will not fail on them.

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Ping Lu Monday, November 23, 2009 8:26 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 8:26 AM
  • I was using version 2.0.  This same error occurred.  Switching to version 2.1, no change, same error, although in every instance, the file does sync.  A second run after the error tells me there's nothing to sync and the files are identical.  I am syncing between two PC's both running Windows 7 x64 (x64 SyncToy 2.1 as well).  Something's not right here!
    Monday, November 23, 2009 10:48 PM
  • I i got the same problem with windows7 and sync toy 2.1
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:35 AM
  • Close Skype and will work. Possible you have some other application which uses port 80. Try with: run cmd then netstat -ano
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:14 PM
  • In my case, Kaspersky AVS was the problem.  Although it was copying the files across the network fine, the result showed as an error in SyncToy 2.1  By making SyncToy an exception program for Kaspersky AVS, the error goes away.  For me at least, problem solved.
    • Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:38 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 11:55 PM
  • Bingo!

Kaspersky was the problem here too.

Thank you Dpetroce.

win7 home basic 64

sync toy 2.1 (x64)

Kaspersky av 2010

Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:40 AM