Removing OCS, Exchange UM Still Redirects To OCS RRS feed

• Question

•  

Exchange 2007 SP1 also running UM role.

Was working fine - incoming SIP INVITEs via TCP port 5060 were being redirected to port 5065 or 5067 on the same box depending on which worker process was active.

After installing OCS (plus Speech Server 2007) on a separate box (of course), SIP INVITEs sent direct to Exchange UM now redirect to the OCS server - OK I can live with that, BUT...

After completely removing OCS from the box, including its SQL database, and performing LCSCmd.exe scripts to complete? the uninstall, plus manually removing the OSC pool AD object, plus removing Speech Server from the OCS box, Exchange UM still redirects incoming SIP messages to the IP of the OCS box, port 5065.

I'd like to get back to where I was, with Exchange UM redirecting me to a different port but on the same box.

Any pointers?

Many thanks.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:37 PM

Answers

• FIXED.

I hadn't used the 'unprep' commands from within the OCS snap-in. These only become visible when you change the view mode to by domain and then restart the snap in. See page 72 onwards of the OCS Admin guide.

To fix, I reinstalled OCS (this time just a standard server rather than enterprise), then followed the decommissioning / removal process listed in the above guide, inclusing running 'unprep' on both the server AND THE FOREST (you run it in two separate places.)

After this I unistalled all OSC software (add / remove programs) and Unified Messaging went back to it's pre-OCS behaviour.

Friday, October 17, 2008 2:36 PM

All replies

• FIXED.

I hadn't used the 'unprep' commands from within the OCS snap-in. These only become visible when you change the view mode to by domain and then restart the snap in. See page 72 onwards of the OCS Admin guide.

To fix, I reinstalled OCS (this time just a standard server rather than enterprise), then followed the decommissioning / removal process listed in the above guide, inclusing running 'unprep' on both the server AND THE FOREST (you run it in two separate places.)

After this I unistalled all OSC software (add / remove programs) and Unified Messaging went back to it's pre-OCS behaviour.

Friday, October 17, 2008 2:36 PM
  • Here are some more details on the uninstall process for OCS, if anyone else runs into the same issue:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=31
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 3:09 PM