Money 2003 and Windows 7: how can I backup Money file to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just about to take the plunge and upgrade from vista to Windows 7.  I am seeing conflicting answers as to whether Money 2003 (UK Version) will run under Windows 7.  In order that I don't lose everything from 1994 onwards, is there a way that I can export all of the data into Excel first?

As you will be aware, there is no new version of either Money or Quicken available in the UK, and I really don't want to lose access to all of this.  Help!!

Saturday, January 8, 2011 5:48 PM

All replies

• Create Reports which include all the data you want and Export them to Excel. Or export the account data as qif.

Money 2003 works in Windows 7. Just be sure your data file is in Documents not the Money default Program Files area.

Saturday, January 8, 2011 8:22 PM
  • Exporting all data from Money is essentially impossible as there are lots of data that you just can't get at. (Payee addresses and Payee comments to name just two of many.)

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=192; it describes a set of reports that will get you as close as I've ever figured out how to get without resorting to going through "Details" by "Details" and copying out by hand.

Sunday, January 9, 2011 12:01 AM