Microsoft Windows live onecare RRS feed

• Question

•  

I recently purchased windows onecare. I also subscribe to microsofts IP web address provider which provides virus and firewall protection from MAC afee. when I try to install the windows onecare it requests that I remove my existing virus and firewall protection. My question is if I remove the existing protection and replace with the onecare protection will I have to pay more for it when my year subscription is expired. But I will still be using microsoft as my IP service provider.

Friday, January 11, 2008 6:49 PM

Answers

• Yes. OneCare is a 12 month subscription service, so at the end of the 12 month period you will have to pay for renewal. You can use a retail product key to renew, or a credit card.

-steve

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:24 PM

All replies

• Yes. OneCare is a 12 month subscription service, so at the end of the 12 month period you will have to pay for renewal. You can use a retail product key to renew, or a credit card.

-steve

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:24 PM
  • What if i just wish to keep the virus protection that is provided by microsoft as part of my subscription  with microsoft as my IP provider.THe protection is provided as part of the service.

Blacke

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:59 PM
  • You can certainly continue to use what is provided with your MSN subscription, but then you cannot also install OneCare as they will conflict and cause problems.

-steve

Saturday, January 12, 2008 2:43 AM