Playback and distribution of recorded meetings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm trying to find information on using recorded meetings/conferences. I have OCS 2007 on Windows 2003 R2 and the Live Meeting client installed on an XP SP3 PC. I can successfully record a meeting, which is then processed and saved to the My Meetings folder on my desktop. I have two questions about this:

1. The presentation is saved as several files inside a single folder. Is there a way to save it as a single file that Live Meeting could use to playback? (Currently I just "need to know" to click on ReplayMeeting.htm and watch it play back in IE, and sometimes larger images scroll off-screen.)

2. Assuming the answer to question 1 is "no", what is the best way to disctribute these presentations within an organisation? I'd like to have a web page (perhaps in SharePoint) that has an archive of meetings that people can view. Do I just save the whole folder there?

Thanks in advance for any advice that can be offered, or links to information I have missed.

Simon

Monday, December 1, 2008 9:05 PM

Answers

• You cannot have only one file in recordings

You should upload all content to a webserver

Monday, December 1, 2008 10:25 PM
  • Thanks!

So how I will do it is:

1. Copy the recorded meeting's folder to the SharePoint document library called "Recorded Meetings" using My Computer.

2. Use a Links (or Content Editor) web part to provide a direct link to the ReplayMeeting.htm file.

That's actually a perfectly acceptable method, no more complicated than uploading images to a document library to use in a Content Editor, except that you need to use My Computer to copy a whole folder because the web console does not seem to allow it.

Thanks for your fast response!

Simon

Monday, December 1, 2008 10:41 PM

All replies

• You cannot have only one file in recordings

You should upload all content to a webserver

Monday, December 1, 2008 10:25 PM
  • Thanks!

So how I will do it is:

1. Copy the recorded meeting's folder to the SharePoint document library called "Recorded Meetings" using My Computer.

2. Use a Links (or Content Editor) web part to provide a direct link to the ReplayMeeting.htm file.

That's actually a perfectly acceptable method, no more complicated than uploading images to a document library to use in a Content Editor, except that you need to use My Computer to copy a whole folder because the web console does not seem to allow it.

Thanks for your fast response!

Simon

Monday, December 1, 2008 10:41 PM